What Is ArtHaus?
Conceptualized in 2021, ArtHaus is a mobile art space designed to promote the arts and arts appreciation, by ensuring arts experiences are accessible and open to anyone in our community. ArtHaus is an innovative way to bring the community together through the arts. Our hope is that the mobile option gives our community and its artists exposure to new ideas and concepts, and allows those who would not normally attend arts events access to them. Here a few ways we have hope to utilize ArtHaus
- Education through workshops, school visits, artist lectures, and emerging artist shows
- Public art exposure via a mobile ‘art center,’ bringing the art to where the community is
- Community engagement through tailored interactions between those making and participating
- Direct support and space for artists working in Cheyenne and Wyoming
How Will ArtHaus be Used?
ArtHaus has the potential and flexibility for scheduled travel around Laramie County in conjunction with events and activities throughout the year. Here are a few things you expect to see at the Arthaus:
- Emerging artist shows
- Art installations and interactive experiences
- Partnership collaboration shows Artwalk Pop-ups
- Themed Art Shows
- Art show and sale to fundraise for more art experiences
- As a centerpiece for the annual “Cheyenne Arts Celebration”
2022 ArtHaus Appearances
May 17 – East High School Arts Awards
June 3 – First Friday Artwalk, Deselms Fine Art
June 10 – Fridays on the Plaza, Cheyenne Depot Plaza
June 24 – Fridays on the Plaza, Cheyenne Depot Plaza
June 25 – Superday, Lions Park
July 1 – First Friday Artwalk, Freedom’s Edge Brewing Co.
July 8 – Fridays on the Plaza, Cheyenne Depot Plaza
July 15-17 – Culture Expo
July 22-31 – Cheyenne Frontier Days at the Botanic Gardens
July 27 – Cheyenne Day at Freedom’s Edge Brewing Co.
August 5 – First Friday Artwalk, Blue Door Arts
August 12 – Fridays on the Plaza, Cheyenne Depot Plaza
August 20 – Cheyenne Arts Celebration, South Lions Park
August 28 – Fridays on the Plaza, Cheyenne Depot Plaza
September 2 – First Friday Artwalk, Clay Paper Scissors
September 9 – Hispanic Fest, Cheyenne Depot Plaza