Arts Cheyenne is a non-profit organization advocating and promoting art and culture in Cheyenne and Laramie County. Its services to the area include providing strategic assistance to existing artists and cultural organizations, promoting existing and launching new cultural opportunities, and advocating for consistent, stable cultural support systems. Arts Cheyenne has an 11-person Board of Directors representing the local cultural community and a staff of two.
Arts Cheyenne activities include:
* developing the region’s most complete, accurate online cultural Calendar of Events
* creating and managing the Cheyenne Arts Festival in downtown Cheyenne, a 2 1/2-day multicultural event, featuring juried visual artists, performance, youth art education and artisan exhibits
* coordinating the Emerging Artists Gallery, a portable student art exhibit with the duo- purpose of featuring the artistic work of high school and college artists and enlivening empty downtown buildings in Cheyenne
* co-managing the monthly Cheyenne Artwalk gallery tour and art party in Cheyenne, featuring local and regional artists’ work, coupled with cuisine and music
* managing the Cheyenne Public Pianos Project, a public art project of artist-decorated pianos placed in downtown Cheyenne locations
* leading the Laramie County Cultural Inventory and Planning Project, a data collection & survey initiative to better understand cultural assets and needs in the county