Creative Economy: New West Creative Economy
New West Creative Economy organized in fall 2009 at Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne to contribute to the development of the creative economy, and ultimately increase the quality of life for current residents and attract more technology infrastructure and creative professionals to the community.
Organizations Participating In or Emulating New West Creative Economy Ideals:
*Arts Cheyenne – Arts Agency for Greater Cheyenne area
*Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce: Art Partners – Business-Based Art Galleries
*LCCC Entrepreneurship Program – Creativity Training in Workforce Development
*LCCC L.I.F.E. Enrichment Program – Programs for Life Long Learning: Maintaining a Strong Community
*LightsOn! – International mentoring artist in residence program in a revitalized downtown building
The 6 GOALS of the New West Creative Economy:
1. Create community development in Southeast Wyoming by creating synergistic actions by individuals and groups promoting cultural development, economic development and educational development.
2. Facilitate a dialog about how all concerned residents can contribute to the growth and diversification of the South eastern Wyoming economy through continuing economic development and synergistic infusion of the cultural arts and PK-20 education.
3. Capture the wisdom of community developers who have merged cultural arts and economic and educational development in other regions of the country and apply those development concepts that are a good “fit” for Southeastern Wyoming.
4. Create and complete innovative projects that expand and develop Wyoming’s cultural and economic environments.
5. Develop new regional organizations and partnerships that promote the advancement of culture, education and high-tech industries.
6. Contribute to the role of cultural and educational organizations in community and economic development.
Read the New West Creative Economy White Paperr.
For More Information:
Maryellen Tast: 778-1146 MTast@lccc.wy.edu
Anya Peterson-Frye: 399-7744 firstname.lastname@example.org