The Cheyenne Creativity Center is excited to offer studio spaces for rent to artists in the Cheyenne and Laramie County community!
Renting space at the Cheyenne Creativity Center comes with many helpful amenities:
- Semi-private areas, divided by shelves
- Access to Wifi
- Utility sink in the building
- Some natural lighting, but otherwise bright and well-lit areas
- Access to public restrooms
- 120V Electrical outlets are available in all spaces
- Usage (after initial training) of photography, mat cutting, and other shared Creativity Center equipment
- Access to a designated gallery display space for studio tenants
- Opportunity for Open Studio events
Spaces, Costs, and Rental Periods
There are several options for artists working in different mediums and with different needs:
Large Size Studio Space: 3 Available
These are 12×12 sections available in an open setting, divided by large shelves. Tenants will have the opportunity to use a portion of the shelving, and the confines of their area to set up a work environment. Tenants are responsible for bringing in their own materials, furnishings, supplies etc.
Timeframe: These spaces are available for rent for up to a 6 month period, which may be renewed up to 1 time.
Monthly Rate: $120.00
Deposit Rate: $150.00
There is one, 12×12 space available for rent for up to a 3 month period. This space is perfect for anyone who needs a large size space for a short period of time. The space measures 12×12. Tenants are responsible for bringing in their own materials, furnishings, supplies etc.
Timeframe: Up to 3 months, not renewable beyond this timeframe
Monthly Rate: $75.00
Deposit Rate: $100.00
We have a 2 desk-only spaces available for rent for 3 or 6 month periods. These desk spaces come with shelf storage access and a work surface. Tenants are responsible for bringing in their own materials, supplies etc.
These desk spaces are for artists in our Emerging Artists program, defined as “upper-level local High School students, as well as young art students at LCCC and UW who are ready for the program and to start exhibiting.”
Timeframe: These spaces are available to rent for up to 3-6 months. Space renewal is negotiable at the time of the lease end.
Monthly Rate: $50.00
Deposit Rate: $50.00
All applicants must carry and provide proof of renters or homeowners insurance in order to cover loss or damage to the applicant’s materials, belongings, supplies and furnishings.
Access & Safety
Artists will have after hours access to the building via a key code, allowing them to come and go as needed when the Creativity Center is not open to the public. There is a camera set up to monitor the entryways and the gallery/gift shop areas.
Some usage of volatile or potentially hazardous materials may be prohibited; please check at the time of application if your art materials will be acceptable. The Cheyenne Creativity Center is not equipped with a kiln or clay disposal at this time, and any applicant applying with this usage in mind should have an off-site plan for these materials.
Studio rental spaces are intented for the creation of artwork only and not for client meetings or direct sales. There will be opportunities to show and sell work as a part of the Cheyenne Creativity Center, which will be discussed during the initial meeting.
Arts Cheyenne and the Cheyenne Creativity Center is an open and accepting environment that promotes the health, safety, and wellbeing of all artists and creatives we work with. Discrimination, harassment, and other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstance, and those in violation will be asked to leave immediately.
The Cheyenne Creativity Center has several pieces of shared equipment available for use for studio tenants. Following application approval and a signed agreement, each tenant will undergo a short training for how to use the equipment, including safety measures and usage guidelines.
How to Apply
1. Artists interested in renting studio space must first fill out an application below.
2. Once an application has been received, CCC staff will review the application and set up a meeting with the applicant to view the space and discuss usage. This meeting will help us to understand what the applicant’s needs are, how they will utilize the space, and to ensure that the applicant will be a good fit with other tenants
3. In the event that all spaces are rented, applicants will be notified and placed on a waiting list until a new space opens up. If it will be 6 months to a year before a new space is available, applicants will also be notified of that timeframe so that they make other plans as needed.
4. Following the applicant interview and approval, a date will be set to sign a rental agreement. A rental agreement, first month’s rent, and small deposit will be due at the time of move in, which may occur on the date selected to sign.
5. Applicants are expected to pay their rent on time, to be thoughtful of other tenants, gallery shows, workshops, and to accommodate within reason other activities taking place at the art center.
Questions or need more information?
Reach out to Bill Lindstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org or Desirée Brothe at email@example.com
Studio Space Rental Application
Please fill out the application below to be considered for a studio rental space at the Cheyenne Creativity Center.
Applicants will be contacted within 1 week of receipt of the application to schedule a meeting. The applications and studio spaces are open until filled, and any subsequent applicants will be added to a waitlist for future consideration.
Thank you for your interest–we look forward to meeting you!