Cheyenne Arts Celebration - August 20, 2022Visual Artist/Artisan Application Form
to wil9Event Overview
Art and music bring us together. The 2022 Cheyenne Arts Celebration in Cheyenne’s Lions Park showcases and celebrates local/regional performance and visual art in one of Cheyenne’s most beautiful park settings. We’re pleased to see your interest in being a part of this Celebration!
Who Should Apply
The CAC will showcase artists and artisans who create handmade art in the areas of painting, photography, mixed media, drawing, ceramics, printmaking, and sculpture. We are also considering artisans specializing in handcrafted creations or assemblies. All creations on display must be for sale and must be the artist’s original work. No resellers or reselling of other artist’s work is allowed. If you are unsure of your items and how they fit, please reach out.
- Application Deadline – August 5th, 2022
- Application Jurying – August 5-9, 2022
- Artist Notifications – August 10, 2022
- Deadline for Artist Acceptance/Booth Fee – August 15, 2022
- Cheyenne Arts Celebration – August 20, 2022
Friday, August 19, 2022
- 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Overall Event Setup (No Visual Artist Setup is Allowed)
Saturday, August 20, 2022 *
- 7:00 am – 11:00 am – Visual Artist and Artisan Check-in/Setup
- 12:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Cheyenne Arts Celebration Exhibits Open/Music Performances
- 7:00 pm – Visual Artist and Artisan Exhibit Teardown
*Please note that this is subject to change as we get closer to the event, and will notify all vendors with final detail for set up and event logistics closer to the event.
Artists/artisans interested in submitting must complete the application and include up to 5 photos of their work as well as a booth set up photo, if available. If artists are interested in sharing a booth, both must apply separately and note their desire to share on the application. Artist and artisan applications will be evaluated by an independent jurying committee.
The Cheyenne Arts Celebration will take place in the south end of Lions Park centered around the stage and green space. *This is a location change from last year due to unanticipated scheduling conflicts at the Amphitheater.* Dedicated artist and artisan parking/loading zones will be set aside near this location. A map of the location will be made available closer to the event
- Exhibit Space Fee – free
- Exhibit spaces are a 10’x10′ tented area; double spaces may be accepted if discussed with event organizers
- Check-in and set up – 7:00 am on August 20th; no early setup is allowed
- Teardown – 7:00 pm on August 20th; no early teardown is allowed
- Power – no power is available on site; no generators are allowed
- Shelter – artists/artisans must provide their own weighted canopy; no staking is allowed
- **Please note: We will inevitably get rain, wind, hail, and hot sunshine at this event. All artists/artisans are expected to bring their own canopy with the appropriate weights and to plan for a variety of weather conditions.
- Exhibiting and Selling
- All artwork being presented must be original and consistent with the work presented at jury application
- All artwork on display must be for sale and must be the artist’s original work; no resellers or reselling of other artist’s work is allowed.
- Limited edition prints of your work are acceptable, but may not be more than 50% of your exhibit; browse boxes of matted prints are allowed.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting the 6% Wyoming State Sales tax. Sales tax forms will be made available to artists.
- No animals, with the exception of designated service animals, will be permitted in the amphitheater area.
Questions? Email or call 307-222-4091
The undersigned does hereby, release and hold harmless, the Cheyenne Arts Celebration and all co-sponsors from and all manner of action, suits, damages, or claims whatsoever arising from any loss or damage or claims, to the personal property of the undersigned while in possession or under the supervision of the sponsors during the Celebration, and hereby consent to the enforcement of all rules of this Celebration. There are no rain dates and no refunds or credits if the show is canceled due to inclement weather.